We are a woman owned and operated boutique, fashion house and socially conscious small business in San Francisco's Mission District specializing in Future Forward Fashion. We currently produce 7 fashion brands out of a small workshop in Bali, Indonesia. Since we opened our boutique in 2007, we have pioneered alternative fashion, produced clothing and accessories in an ethical way and supported independent designers from all over the world. We believe there is no wrong way to be yourself, and we encourage everyone to defy definition.
- Being yourself, whoever that is.
- Treating everyone fairly, from our vendors to our makers to our customers we want everyone to get the same treatment that we would want ourselves
- Slow fashion, if your new shirt cost $6 - that's not something to be proud of - that means that the person who made it (and likely everyone down the line) was not treated fairly.
- Alternative fashion, leave the basics to everyone else - we are interested in statement pieces, in the bold and interesting.
- ART - Art is life! So many of us creatives were shunned growing up for being different and art saved our lives. We celebrate art every chance we get.
We produce our designs in Bali because it is very special to our hearts. We love the culture and lifestyle of visiting such a beautiful country. The people in Bali are the kindest, biggest smile people who infuse art into their everyday lives. Every space you visit is like a work of art - wood carvings and statues everywhere, every place has an offering in front that is made from beautiful folded leaves, flowers, incense and treats.
Please don't think of sweatshops when you think of Bali. Most of the workshops there are very ethically run by many kind people. We choose to produce there because the tailors we work with are artists who spend a great amount of care and give so much love to the work they do. Read more about our makers here.